Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Why I Don't Get a Birthday Party ;)

For my 6th birthday, my Mom let me invite my entire kindergarten class.

She made all kinds of food and a fabulous cake.

We had party hats, games, and every single thing you could imagine that would make an awsome party.

All the kids came over and it should have been fun.

I was in a really bad mood because my best friend at the time, Ellen Schneider, told all the kids that she had new bikes at her house, which was just down the street.

Bikes, as in more than one.

Ellen Schneider was very annoying and wore pink frilly dresses with matching hair bows and turned her nose up at everything.

She was also very spoiled. I mean, who has more than one bike?

So, they all went to her house and rode her bikes for a while.

Instead of joining in the fun, I pouted and sulked.

My Mom was like "Why don't you go down there and have fun with them?" And then she said "They'll be back, don't worry."

They did come back very shortly, but it was too late.

I think it was in poor taste for Ellen Schneider to steal my moment, don't you?

It got worse from there. I didn't want to talk to anyone or play any of the games.

I was furious!

Mom said "All these kids came here for your birthday, honey, try to have fun." She pleaded with me.

"No!" I said.

What's worse, is nobody wanted to join me in my pity party. I was sad all by myself.

And the worst part of all...my Mom has a spectacular singing voice.

Seriously, when she used to read us bed time stories it was an event.

My brothers and I would climb up on one of the beds and get ready for "THE SHOW."

She would play all the characters, doing all of their voices in the stories and she'd sing and dance. It was like having Liza Minella for a mom. :)

We loved her theatrics, except she had this one habit.

If she saw you sulking or having a bad attitude she would sing, almost mocking you.

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. Cry if I want to, Cryyyyy if I want to!"

She would belt it out loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Stop singing!!" I said.

Then, the clincher.

I looked at my Mother and said, "What kind of cake did you make for me?"

And she said "Chocolate."

I screamed as loud as I could "I HATE CHOCOLATE CAKE!"

That was it.

My Mom got all serious and goes, "Get over here and sit down."

(oh no)

She goes "Take a good look around you, Cookie, because this is the LAST party you will ever have as long as you live!"

And then she goes "EVER!"

:)


Hee hee sorry Mom!!






No comments:

Post a Comment