Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Vegan Lunch: KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetie!)

I'm so excited today that I have a Culture Club song loop rockin'!

:)

Ok, so I get lot's of questions about what I eat now, because folks think the vegan lifestyle is limited.

Valid question...so here goes.

Being a simple gal, I like to eat basic things. I'm not a fan of the fake meats out there that resembel burgers, hot dogs, bacon, they even make hot wings out of tofu. Not my thing.

I also see a lot of fake cheese in the health food stores, made from almonds, rice, soy and goodness knows what. Some of them even have cow's milk in them and I'm like "Uhhhhh, why?"

The funny thing is, I don't miss meat or cheese at all, so I don't feel the need to eat meat and dairy substitutes.

Even more interesting, when I'm in a store and smell meat or cheese, I suddenly feel like "What went terribly wrong on this side of the store?"

Here's lunch today: a simple salad with tomato, cucumber, olives, a little balsamic salad dressing and pepper. Super good!



And for dessert....Ants on a Log!

I didn't make that cute name up, although I wish I did. :)

Celery with peanut butter and raisins. No really, it is good.

It looks more like ants on a log when the raisins are black, sorry. 
I only had golden ones. 



Doesn't this look like a good lunch?

Eating this way puts me in the best mood. :)

Join me in my song loop, won't you?

"I'll be your baby
I'll be your score
I'll run the gun for you
And so much more
I'LL TUMBLE 4 YA
I'LL TUMBLE 4 YA
I'LL TUMBLE 4 YA
I'LL TUMBLE 4 YOU"

No comments:

Post a Comment