Sunday, June 30, 2013

Beauty Memories

Today I went through all my cosmetics and products to see what needed to be pitched.

You know how it goes...you open a caboodle and see all your various cosmetics you just HAD TO HAVE, and now they're in a box taking up space.

Question: do you save lipstick tubes even when they're empty? Like, you might get a small stick and dig out the remaining last bits?

But you never take the time to find a small stick and instead of throwing the useless lipstick in the garbage, you save it.

I tossed 8 tubes of lipstick today.

Don't worry, the MAC ones I kept for the Back to Mac Program...save 6 empties and get a new lipstick for free. :) Love that.

Speaking of lipstick, oh my gosh, so, yesterday I ran into an associate of mine and we hadn't seen each other in a couple of months.

(I had just gotten my Juvederm in my lips the day before, remember)

She hugged me and said "Wow! you look so beautiful!"

I said "Thanks!"

And she scanned my face, looking to pin point what was different.

Then she looked at my hair, and her eyes made their way down to my chest.

"Ah, ah, ah, back up here...in this region," I wanted to say while pointing to my face."

That's when you know you've had good work - You look better but nobody knows why.

Ha ha!

Anyway, I cleaned out my makeup cases and threw away a garbage bag full of broken eye pencils, shimmery shadows, empty lipsticks, glosses that looked pretty but tasted weird and the like...all of which I know I will never miss.

Looking at all my cosmetics reminded me of when I was young and asked my Mom if I could wear makeup.

"No!" She'd say.

"But why not?" I asked.

"Because you're seven," She'd respond.

"But Nancy Jandrowski wears makeup..." I said

Then my Mom goes "Is that what you want, to look cheap, like Nancy Jandrowski?"

I could tell by her tone that the answer was supposed to be "no," but all I could think was, "If wearing a little blue eyeshadow and red lipstick means I'll look cheap, then yes, the answer is yes."

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your day.

Tomorrow seems perfect to go shopping for some new makeup, don't you think? My cases look so empty now.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment