Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ran a 5K This Weekend :)

I'm running the 5K Summer Series by the AZ Road Racers.

They have 5 races each month, starting in May. There are four 5K (3.1 miles) except for the one on The Fourth of July which is 4 miles.

The first race was so much fun!

I'v always loved running. As a child I always used to ask my Mom, "How many miles to the grocery store? How many miles to Gram's house?

And I was like "Can anyone run that far?" And she'd say, "I guess they could but who would want to?"

I always wondered how far I could run. I'm by no means any kind of elite athlete, I just really enjoy running. It's like a vacation for my brain where I get to think about anything I want. And it gets the blood flowing and makes me feel happy!

Whenever I tell people that I like running, most of the time they say they hate it, but they wish they liked it because it woud be such great exercise.

Well, my advice is always this- do the exercise that you think is fun! If you don't like to run, then find something else that excites you.

There are so many things you can do, and you don't have to join a gym.

You might check your local community centers. Some offer classes that are very inexpensive. A friend and I took a Pilates class years ago and a BLT class. (Butt, Legs and Tummy). 

They offered all kinds of classes from weight lifting to belly dancing.

I even took a water aerobics class, which is great if you have arthritis or if you have trouble doing anything too strenuous.

Or, you could order workout DVD's online for just a couple of dollars. I have a bunch of them! My favorite is The Firm.

My city has tennis courts where for a couple of dollars you can rent a set of rackets and go have a blast. 

Exercise is so good for us. We know that, but for some reason when I ask my clients if they work out, they say "no" quite a bit of the time.
They say they don't have time. Well, what about making time for yourself?

Remember as a kid, how much fun it was to go out and play?

That's how I think of exercise, it's playtime!

So why not make it something fun? We already do chores that are no fun at all like paying bills, washing dishes, flossing....blah!

And PLEASE get yourself some awesome workout clothes. Here is a good place to start, for the ladies...

Bebe Sport has adorable outfits, and remember, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you look when you play the game. ;)

http://www.bebe.com/bebe-Sport/232.sec

Exercise helps so many things!

Working out helps manage your weight, puts you in a good mood, keeps you healthy, clears up your skin, makes you look sexy and feel good about yourself.

And it gives you energy.

Don't believe me? Try this. When you're feeling all sleepy and yawny...jog on the treadmill for 5 minutes or do some jumping jacks.

You will be all jazzed up like me, with a Miley Cyrus song loop in your head for hours ;)

"So I put my hands up
They’re playing my song,
And the butterflys fly away
Noddin’ my head like yeah
Movin' my hips like yeah

Yeahhh...It's a party in the USA!"





No comments:

Post a Comment