Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Nails and Diet Changes

I'm changing things up! This is my new set of nails. They're shorter with less white on the tips. Next time I'm gettng an American Manicure. Heard of it? It's really pretty and natural looking but still very polished and perfect.

I will post pics once I get them done.

Basically, instead of French white tips, the entire nail is a pale shade of pink.
I'm kind of excited about it, if you couldn't tell. Haha!

Also, last weekend we got together with our dear friends. We are a group of couples who have been through everything together in the last 17 years - bridal showers, baby showers, weddings, births, funerals, epic parties and just hanging out. We're more like family than friends.

Anyway, one of the guys, Brian, lost 20 pounds a couple of years ago and managed to keep it off. We got to talking about my vegan diet and he offered some advice.

I've been feeling kind of pudgy lately and couldn't figure out why. Well, when you're not paying attention, and you quit eating meat and dairy, you can get very lazy and eat of lot of carbs. 

So, I told Brian my problem and he offered some solutions so I can stop feeling like a line backer.

He told me to start off with a cleansing juice fast. I told him I really didn't want to.

He goes, "Well, you should."

And I was like "I don't want to."

And he goes "You need to."

And I said "Yeah but I don't want to."

Well, Brian was successful in making me do a juice fast. It kind of felt like the time his brother, also a part of our little family, got me to jump off the roof of his house into the pool.

He managed to do that right after I said these words, "I would never jump off a roof into a pool," and then I added, "Too scarey."

Next thing I knew I was on the roof in my bikini jumping into the pool. Both Buxton brothers holding my hands and jumping with me.

Evidently when one of the Buxton Brothers say's jump, I say how high.

It would take a room full of shrinks to figure that one out.

Anyway, Brian said to start off with a juice cleanse.

I said "For how long?" and he said "As long as you want."

So I did 2 days and was feeling pretty good!

I did orange, carrot and beets.

A word about drinking beet juice. When you go to the bathroom, your waste material is red. Dark red.

I was like "Oh, ok, I'm bleeding internally..." and then I was like 

"No! It's the beet juice!"

Then on day 2 I did pineapple, peach and orange juice. And more carrot juice.

After that, Bri said he eats nothing all day except for organic, raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and some dark chocolate chips, just a few.

Then at home, he eats a normal but small dinner of whatever his lovely wife makes.

It's so simple. I have been doing this for a few days now and I feel really good. It takes all the guess work out of what I'm going to do for breakfast and lunch, etc.

It's easy. Today I had bananas, peaches, tomatoes, some nuts. Then for dinner I made an AMAZING burrito!!

Here's my recipe:

In a pan, sautee onions, garlic and squash finely chopped. I use avocado oil. Once that's cooked, I put 2 cans of cannelini beans and cook them.

Take a fork and smash the beans up so they look like refried beans.

I put salt, pepper and hot sauce in.

Then wrap it up in a tortilla and brown it in a drop of avocado oil.

Soooooo good!!

Please enjoy this pic of my new nails...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment