Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Crazy Sexy Diet 21 Day Cleanse

I am on day 2 of Kris Carr’s 21 Day Cleanse from her book “Crazy Sexy Diet.”

Notice I waited until I got through at least a full day before telling you about it. haha!

This is not your ordinary “cleanse.”  When I hear that word I think of suffering and starving. Which I have done. Like a trooper!

I’ve done juice fasts, fruit fasts, water fasts, all kinds of cleanses in the name of getting healthy and I am not sure they did much for me. I also hate drinking every meal. 

Haha! Who likes that?

So, this is actually really easy and enjoyable.

I will post pics tomorrow of my food, but I wanted to tell you about what I’ve been having and why I like this cleanse.

I get to eat four times a day: breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. Also, it’s all really good food that I love to eat anyway, so it’s not a big shocker to my system.

And you don’t have to count or measure food or suffer in any way.

The best part is how I feel, very calm, clear headed and happy!

I know I keep telling you that but let me just say I had some sugary treats over the holiday weekend and it really affected me.

I yelled at a lady in Walgreens for leaving her two dogs in the car, with no air conditioner, not even cracked window. I hunted her down in the store with my hands on my hips demanded that she go turn the car air on immediately.

For you animal lovers out there, I KNOW!! It was 112 degrees outside.

Anyway, I think the reason I went ballistic is partly because of the sugar poisoning my system. But mostly because of the ignorant woman who abused her dogs in front of me.

Ok, so on this cleanse J

Breakfast is a fruit and vegetable smoothie.
Lunch is a salad with tons of raw vegetables and chick peas, sautéed vegetables, and gluten free grains. (I like sweet potatoes or quinoa pasta)
Snack is another smoothie and some gluten free seed crackers with home made hummus.
Dinner is the same as lunch.

But you can get creative, so it’s kind of fun!

Tonight I made rice with sautéed zucchini and squash cooked in avocado oil with garlic and red pepper flakes.

It was sooooooo good.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment